I’ve read a lot of Panda hate across the WoW blogosphere. People seem to think that the Pandaren are a joke or are a waste of time. I’ll admit, when I first heard that Pandaren were going to be a race, I thought “too little too late.” Admittedly I was in the middle of the longest wow-fast to date and I didn’t think I’d be playing during this expansion. Still, my feelings were that Blizzard were trying to do some sort of fan service, pulling out all the stops in a desperate attempt to get player’s back.
Wow was I wrong. Turns out the Pandaren race has a deep and rich story line, a truly engaging continent and a fun style. So, without further discussion, I present my top 5 reason why the Pandaren are cool.
1. Raging Parties. I don’t want to spoil anything, but Nim woke up not once, but twice in the matter of a day from a Panda party.
2. Training montages. Seems like everywhere you go, there’s a group of pandas training and more often than not, you’re expected to join in.
3. Their obsession with food. I’ve never spent more time scrambling around trying to find enough foodstuffs for the NPC’s. From oranges to tiger steaks to shrimp dumplings, pandas likes their eats.
4. They’re cool with everybody. I’ll admit I haven’t played all the way through the new continent, but so far they all seem pretty cool with the Horde and the Alliance. So far as to allowing members of their race to join whatever side they feel like joining. Orcs couldn’t do that. Night Elves couldn’t do that.
5. The Monks. Those guys are just cool.