Fickle Friday: What are you most looking forward to in MoKFP edition
On the last Fickle Friday before MoKFP releases, we decided to release our top 3 things we are most looking forward to when Tuesday 12:01 AM PDT hits.
1. Pandas. Yeah, I know, everyone is excited about the new race, but I’ve been fascinated with the Pandaren since Chen’s Keg in the Barrens. Being able to play one of them is awesome. Not to mention the fact that I think I look a lot like this guy:
2. Monks. One of the things I enjoy most in WoW is learning a new class or spec. Monks appeal to me because they have both a healing and a tanking tree.
3. Not Deathwing. I didn’t even play this expansion and I’m tired of Deathwing. Actually, that brings up an important point. I’m also excited about being around, and being excited for, a new expansion.
1. Monday night build up party with Nim and Spiff, and Tuesday morning not spent working, but playing wow with Nim and Spiff.
2. Rolling around Panda Land with my NEW PET. One of the few rares I didn’t have, until LAST NIGHT. 4 hunters camping, I get the tag/silence/tame. SharedServerZones FTL.
3. Some new race, right?
1. Learning the lore of the Pandaren. One of the things that I love about WOW is the lore. I love the books and reading how NPC have developed over time.
2. Leveling to 90 and being able to run instances and raids without being so far behind everyone. I am struggling right now to play characters once I get them through all the leveling zones.
3. Hanging out with my friends as we explore the world…
1. The new lore for the game. The lore for WoW has been amazing from the start of WC1 right through to Deathwing’s death. Blizzard has crafted one of the most amazing stories I’ve ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Up until this point, however, WoW has largely focused on lore that was previously established in their RTS games, or in the general backstory of WoW. The Pandaran, while they’ve existed in the lore, haven’t really been fleshed out and so from Tuesday on out, everything will be new. That’s exciting.
2. Roleplaying. Its been a while since I’ve really RP’d much with WoW, so getting the chance to get back into it is something I’m looking forward to, even though it really isn’t expansion-specific.
3. I can’t really think of a third thing I’m looking forward to, so I decided to go with something I’m not looking forward to: Having to kill Garrosh. As a fan of the orcs, I’ve always thought of the Hellscreams as Kor’s kind of orc. When Garrosh challenged Thrall to a duel in Org during the Scourge invasion event, I thought it was epic. I really didn’t want to see Thrall killed, but it just brought back some of the old ways of the orcs, from Rise of the Horde and Tides of Darkness (two great novels). Since Garrosh invaded Northrend and returned triumphant, Kor’s been firmly in his camp as one of his biggest supporters, even though I haven’t been playing much. And Garrosh did the one thing that has needed to be done from the outset of WoW… He took the war to the Alliance and kicked some major @$$! I have a nagging suspicion that Blizz wants to make Garrosh follow his father’s footsteps, right down to his dying breath, and I think that’s a terrible idea. Much like Varian, Garrosh has been a polarizing figure, and while some people think they’re both a bit douchie, Varian was able to have some form of compassion and get softened, if only a little bit. There’s no reason the same thing couldn’t happen with Garrosh and I really hope Blizz is trying to pull a fast one on us with him being the final raid boss. That’s it for me, in the mean time,