Where I play the Bad Kitteh
Updated! Added text link to movie for RSS readers.
Nimrock let it be known through our daily shenanigans email thread that he has standards. Cue Homer prancing around like a pixie elf using a sing-song voice: OOoooOOOooo, “STANDARDS!”
So today I intend to mock him for it.
He has thusly declared the following topics to be off-limits when one of us swaps blog days with him, and I quote:
- loot posts
- what boss we killed
- anything with the word tard in it
- a review of what all your characters are doing
Just so y’all know. I guess that means he doesn’t read WoW Insider any more. (HA!)
So what does that leave me to write about? Well, he didn’t expressly forbid me from pimping my own blog, on which I wrote an eloquent essay about Blizzard’s missteps in the marketing of WoW. But that would be crass and shallow of me, wouldn’t it? Maybe we should add “cross-blog link-baiting” to Nim’s list. (Sorry, Sy.)
Oh, and what about…
- the ubiquitous how-to post,
- the long-page-loading screen-shots post,
- the omg, isn’t our guild chat hilarious! post,
- the my humble opinion of the patch notes post,
- the gratuitous back-links post (does this really need an example??),
- and finally, the standard blog anniversary post?
I mean, it’s wayyyyyy too boring to post about any of those things, so I shan’t. They must all go on The List.
Instead I have decided to offer you a precious, precious gift. Here is the first part of my semi-autobiographical in-process movie. The song is “The Long Way Around” by the Dixie Chicks. (Buy it!)
Lastly, I want to add one more banned topic to The List. We should probably kill posts in which the blogger rambles and whines about what to write. Those kinds of posts are clearly the most annoying.